- The Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea, the Honourable Peter O’Neill successfully launches the 2nd National Financial Inclusion Strategy 2016 – 2020 and hands it over to Governor for the Bank of Papua New Guinea, Mr Loi. M. Bakani
- 30 people in Minj, Jiwaka Province successfully graduated in Financial Education (FE) training in March. A total of 120,000 people from all around the Papua New Guinea have been trained so far since 2014
- The Young Minds Savings Campaign targets students in primary and secondary schools all around the country with the vision to instil a savings culture for future leaders of Papua New Guinea
- With the advancement of technology there has been possibility for rural communities to make transactions over the internet. CEFI closely works with mobile network operators and the banks in the growth of digital financial technology
- Launching of Microfinance Professional Module Level 1 - 3 during the Financial Inclusion Summit in Port Moresby 2017
- Papua New Guinea successfully hosts the 6th Pacific Islands Regional Initiative Meeting in Kokopo, East New Britain Province
The Centre for Excellence in Financial Inclusion is the lead institution that creates an enabling environment to deliver client friendly innovative
financial services to all Papua New Guineans for economic prosperity
PNG Hosts 6th Financial Inclusion Innovation Summit.
The summit explores innovations, share knowledge, network and engage in technical exchanges to continue and further the effective, efficient and sustainable delivery of financial services in the region.
New Gender Policy Launched
Gender Equity is a topic discussed by many Governments, organizations and groups throughout the world.
PIRI members meet in Kokopo
The Bank of Papua New Guinea and the Alliance for Financial Inclusion hosted the 2nd Pacific Islands Regional Initiative (PIRI) in Kokopo, East New Britain Province on 30th May to 1st June 2017.