- The Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea, the Honourable Peter O’Neill successfully launches the 2nd National Financial Inclusion Strategy 2016 – 2020 and hands it over to Governor for the Bank of Papua New Guinea, Mr Loi. M. Bakani
- 30 people in Minj, Jiwaka Province successfully graduated in Financial Education (FE) training in March. A total of 120,000 people from all around the Papua New Guinea have been trained so far since 2014
- The Young Minds Savings Campaign targets students in primary and secondary schools all around the country with the vision to instil a savings culture for future leaders of Papua New Guinea
- With the advancement of technology there has been possibility for rural communities to make transactions over the internet. CEFI closely works with mobile network operators and the banks in the growth of digital financial technology
- Launching of Microfinance Professional Module Level 1 - 3 during the Financial Inclusion Summit in Port Moresby 2017
- Papua New Guinea successfully hosts the 6th Pacific Islands Regional Initiative Meeting in Kokopo, East New Britain Province
- Financial inclusion statistics as of 31 st March, 2017
CEFI’s key role is to coordinate, advocate and monitor financial inclusion activities including coordinating stakeholder dialogue towards responsible financial service delivery and service quality, encourage innovation and strengthen financial sector industry development.
PNG Leprosy Mission signed a Financial Education Partnership with CEFI
The Leprosy Mission recently signed a Financial Education Partnership agreement with the Centre for Excellence in Financial Inclusion (CEFI’s) Microfinance Expansion Project to see leprosy individuals and households be financially educated in budget and savings.
Fishing Community undergo Business Development Skills Training in Koki Market
The Five Street Financial Literacy Training Service have started 2018 on a high note running their Business Development Skills (BDS) Training with popular fishing community in Port Moresby.
The Bank of Papua New Guinea (BPNG) today signed a contract with the Swiss company, BPC Banking Technologies for the supply and installation of a national card and mobile payments switch.