APPLICATIONS OPEN: Finance Manager, Applications for this position close on Friday October 23, 2020 at 4:30PM.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the position is responsible for managing and overseeing the financial management and reporting activities of CEFI.
- Ensure that all financial functions are carried out strictly under the established financial policies and procedures.
- Preparation of Annual budgets and establish budgetary control procedure
- Ensure timely Bank Reconciliations and the provision of accurate Financial Reports, related to Financial Position, Operations, Budgets, Payables, Receivables and Expenses
- Prepare relevant Board papers for the finance function
- Analyse and interpret financial information and report to the Executive Director with recommendations for further course of action
- Regularly review and update financial systems and processes to ensure they are relevant and including regular training and development of staff
- Ensure that all procurement processes are fully adhered to and comply with the internal Supply and Tender Process
- Ensure that all taxation and superannuation matters are fully addressed and comply with the relevant legislation
- Ensure that all insurance requirements for CEFI are adequately attended to and covered
- Conduct operations of the finance Unit, set goals and objectives, develop trends and projections in line with CEFI Corporate Strategic objectives
- Liaise with External Auditors to ensure timely audits for statutory compliance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Finance or Commerce from a recognized institution
- CPA qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting systems, processes and procedures including excellent procurement knowledge
- A solid understanding of International Accounting Standards
- Working knowledge of financial statutory legislation and regulations
- Working knowledge of finance related software applications (MYOB) and excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral & written communication and presentation skills
- Commercial and business acumen with ability to stick to time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to manage, guide and lead employees.
- Knowledge on Human resource management is an advantage
Applicants are required to submit a complete application with supporting documents (CV, Highest Qualification Certificate and 2x References). We encourage electronic applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and address it to CEFI Executive Director, Centre for Excellence in Financial Inclusion, PO Box 1692, Port Moresby, NCD, Papua New Guinea.
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please note that given the number of applications, only those considered suitable for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from the Centre, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We appreciate the time you have taken to prepare your application and thank you for considering the CEFI as a prospective employer
To be notified of future career opportunities at the Centre please “Subscribe” to the website to receive the updates.